“Travel is the only thing you buy
that makes you richer.” — Unknown
Everything the world holds for us, is just awe-inspiring breathtaking. It is amazing beyond human comprehension and no words can do justice to it, but just experiencing it through your own eyes can.
I took out 31 of my personal favorite travel quotes, combined with inspirational travel photos, taken by me, to put you in a travel mood. Let them be a source of inspiration and motivation.
2. “Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.” — Alan Keightley
4. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” — Mark Twain
6. “Traveling- it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller” — Ibn Battuta
8. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” — Jawaharial Nehru
10. “Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience.” — Francis Bacon
12. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled.” — Mohammed
14. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
16. “Travel is to spread your life all over the world.” — Taxi Drive Wisdom
18. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” — Oprah Winfrey
20. “There are no strangers, only friends you have not met yet.” — William Butler Yeats
22. “I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” — Mary Anne Radmacher
24.“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
— Neale Donald Walsch
26. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” — Henry Miller
28. “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” — Lin Yutang
30. “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” — Trenton Lee Stewart
Feeling motivated and exited?! Awesome! I recommend you check out “How to Travel Cheaper.” it may give you extra tips on your next journey!
Still struggling with a feeling of uncertainty in taking a step towards traveling? Read “The Fear to Travel Alone” – it will give you more insights on traveling and give you that much-needed comfort and encouragement in taking the step to explore the world. Definitely check it out!
I can only encourage people to do the same, to explore and to discover what lies out there waiting to be discovered and experienced first-hand. Traveling allows you to explore the world around you, but it also gives you a deep and profound understanding of yourself. Frequent travelers will completely agree with this. It’s never too late to set out on another adventure. It’s never too late to do anything you’ve set on your mind on doing. Traveling enlightens the mind, it fills your heart with wonders that cannot be gained in any other way – as the world solely holds those secrets, that can only be discovered through exploring it yourself.
What is your favorite travel quote?
Let us know in the comment section below!
Your voice matters!
Latest posts by Jellis Vaes (see all)
- Dormant Lives and a Broken Marriage: The Story of Multi Award Winning Travel Bloggers Dave & Deb (The Planet D) - June 15, 2017
- How Travel can Change your Life, and How it Saved Mine - May 4, 2017
- Let’s Talk About Loneliness: a Conversation with Julia Bainbridge, Host of The Lonely Hour - April 13, 2017