– Nancy Kerkhofs: Facing and Overcoming the loss of Your Life –
Welcome to the Inner Picture Stories Podcast and to the first interview of the show! This was a true blast of an interview to start with. The guest I had on the show was no one other than my very own mom!
At the young age of 34 she lost her husband – my dad (I was only 3 years old back than), which was, as you can imagine, an incredibly traumatic experience. One that sadly enough, life can throw at us from time to time. I have been wanting to do this interview for a long, long time, and finally I got the chance. Together we dive into the journey she took while dealing with her loss and how she finally managed to move on and lead a happy, fulfilling life.
This was an emotional conversation for the both of us as it is a very personal subject for myself as well. But it is one that is full of honest, true wisdom and lessons that anyone can learn from.
Please enjoy this very first episode 001 with Nancy Kerkhofs, aka my mom.
EP 001 – Nancy Kerkhofs:
Facing And Overcoming The Loss of Your Life
Some Questions I ask:
- – What do you think is the cause of unhappiness in most people?
- – The day your husband died, what were you doing on that day before you heard the news?
- – What where the steps you took into healing. What helped you to deal with the process of his loss?
- – What was the hardest part about it all for you?
- – How did it feel for you to see him lying at the memorial?
- – Did it help to talk with people about his loss?
- – What advice would you give to someone who just recently lost someone?
What You Will Learn from this Episode:
- – A reason where unhappiness can arise from
- – What you shouldn’t do as a parent
- – The reaction you may experience hearing traumatic news
- – Why you may feel guiltily when you lose someone
- – Why you should collect moments in life
- – The most important thing that you need when you lose someone
- – Life is all about acceptance
Did you enjoy this episode?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Your Voice Matters!
Latest posts by Jellis Vaes (see all)
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts - April 30, 2019
- Within the Mind of a Warrior: Rich Hungerford, Former SAS Patrol Commander - April 25, 2019
- The Warrior Ethos - April 24, 2019