Bruce Langford: Take Control over The Mind and Live in The Moment
Table of Contents
As the philosopher, Lao Tzu said, “If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.”
We allow ourselves to dwell in the past and worry about the future more often throughout the day than most of us are even aware of.
The mind is a busy place, and that voice that every single one of us has in our heads, causes confusion, unhappiness, depression and anxiety – all because we are not aware of it, and are being controlled by it.
The mind is the most powerful thing in the universe, one that can help us accomplish extraordinary feats in our lives, but it can also be an extremely destructive force.
Bruce Langford, a former teacher, and now a Life Coach and host of the Mindfulness Mode podcast, coaches people to take control of their own minds through mindfulness – living in the here and now.
In this interview, we dig inside his wisdom and talk about where he thinks unhappiness comes from; what to do about it; the benefits of being mindful in life; why so many people have such a hard time staying mindful throughout the day; what he would change in schools; two questions that will give a better direction and understanding about your life and who you are and just so much more.
It really is a fascinating conversation and one that contains lessons that will change your life around for the better.
EP 002 - Bruce Langford: Taking Control over The Mind and Living in The Moment
Subscribe and listen to The IPS Podcast on your favorite platform!
Some of the Questions:
What You Will Learn from this Episode:
- – The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business (In The Power of Habit, award-winning business reporter Charles Duhigg takes us to the thrilling edge of scientific discoveries that explain why habits exist and how they can be changed)
- – The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself (What would it be like to free yourself from limitations and soar beyond your boundaries? What can you do each day to discover inner peace and serenity? The Untethered Soul offers simple yet profound answers to these questions.)
- – The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) (What if you could wake up tomorrow and any—or EVERY—area of your life was beginning to transform? What would you change? The Miracle Morning is already transforming the lives of tens of thousands of people around the world by showing them how to wake up each day with more ENERGY, MOTIVATION, and FOCUS to take your life to the next level. It’s been right here in front of us all along, but this book has finally brought it to life.)
- – Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness meditation for everyday life (Mindfulness is considered the heart of Buddhist meditation. But its essence is universal and of deep practical benefit to everyone. In Wherever You Go, There You Are, Jon Kabat-Zinn maps out a simple path for cultivating mindfulness in our lives, and awakening us to the unique beauty and possibilities of each present moment.)
- – The Surrender Experiment: My Journey into Life’s Perfection (Michael A. Singer, author of The Untethered Soul, tells the extraordinary story of what happened when, after a deep spiritual awakening, he decided to let go of his personal preferences and simply let life call the shots.)
- – Learning to Drive into the Now: PRND (If you have ever desired to become a more attentive, compassionate, and liberated human being…NOW is the time.)
- – Mindfulness Mode – Create a Nurturing, Mindful Space with Million Dollar Decorating Host James Swan
- – Mindfulness Mode – Driving Using Mindfulness; Learn How With Solan McClean
- – Mindfulness Mode – Running To Focus On The Inside With Diz Runs Host Denny Krahe
- – The Miracle Morning™ Community
- – Gift from Bruce – infographic
FOLLOW Bruce Langford
You may also like these episodes:
Did you enjoy this episode?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Your Voice Matters!
- World Record Holder Kristina Paltén Shares her Secrets on How to Live a Meaningful Life - October 16, 2021
- I Want to Go to Therapy, But Will It Help Me? - August 31, 2021
- How to Find a Good Therapist and Know You Are Making Progress - August 21, 2021