Forget the old concept of retirement and the rest of the deferred-life plan–there is no need to wait and every reason not to, especially in unpredictable economic times. Whether your dream is escaping the rat race, experiencing high-end world travel, or earning a monthly five-figure income with zero management, The 4-Hour Workweek is the blueprint.
This step-by-step guide to luxury lifestyle design teaches:
• How Tim went from $40,000 per year and 80 hours per week to $40,000 per month and 4 hours per week
• How to outsource your life to overseas virtual assistants for $5 per hour and do whatever you want
• How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs
• How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of a forgotten Italian economist
• How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and frequent “mini-retirements”
The new expanded edition of Tim Ferriss’ The 4-Hour Workweek includes:
• More than 50 practical tips and case studies from readers (including families) who have doubled income, overcome common sticking points, and reinvented themselves using the original book as a starting point
• Real-world templates you can copy for eliminating e-mail, negotiating with bosses and clients, or getting a private chef for less than $8 a meal
• How Lifestyle Design principles can be suited to unpredictable economic times
• The latest tools and tricks, as well as high-tech shortcuts, for living like a diplomat or millionaire without being either
Who should read this book?
- – Anyone who wants to join the New Rich: those who live a splendid life without working more than a few hours per week
- – Anyone questioning the notion of a nine-to give office job
“It’s about time this book was written. It is a long-overdue manifesto for the mobile lifestyle, and Tim Ferriss is the ideal ambassador. This will be huge.”
—Jack Canfield, Co-creator of Chicken Soup for the Soul®, 100+ million copies sold
“This is a whole new ball game. Highly recommended.”
—Dr. Stewart D. Friedman, Director of the Work/Life Integration Project, The Wharton School
“Stunning and amazing. From mini-retirements to outsourcing your life,
it’s all here. Whether you’re a wage slave or a Fortune 500 CEO, this
book will change your life!”
—Phil Town, #1 New York Times Bestselling Author of Rule #1
“The 4-Hour Workweek is a new way of solving a very old problem: just how can we work to live and prevent our lives from being all about work? A world of infinite options awaits those who would read this book and be inspired by it!”
—Michael E. Gerber, Founder & Chairman of E-Myth Worldwide and the World’s #1 Small Business Guru
“Timothy has packed more lives into his 29 years than Steve Jobs has in his 51.”
—Tom Foremski, Journalist and Publisher of SiliconValleyWatcher.com
“Thanks to Tim Ferriss, I have more time in my life to travel, spend time with family and write book blurbs. This is a dazzling and highly useful
—A.J. Jacobs, Editor-at-Large, Esquire Magazine, Author of The Know-It-All
“If you want to live life on your own terms, this is your blueprint.”
—Mike Maples, Co-founder of Motive Communications (IPO to $260M market cap), Founding Executive of Tivoli (sold to IBM for $750M)
“Tim is Indiana Jones for the digital age. I’ve already used his advice to go spearfishing on remote islands and ski the best hidden slopes of Argentina. Simply put, do what he says and you can live like a millionaire.”
—Albert Pope, Derivatives Trading, UBS World Headquarters
TIMOTHY FERRISS is a serial entrepreneur, #1 New York Times bestselling author, and angel investor/advisor (Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, Uber, and 20+ more). Best known for his rapid-learning techniques, Tim’s books — The 4-Hour Workweek, The 4-Hour Body, and The 4-Hour Chef — have been published in 30+ languages. The 4-Hour Workweek has spent seven years on The New York Times bestseller list. Tim has been featured by more than 100 media outlets including The New York Times, The Economist, TIME, Forbes, Fortune, Outside, NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox and CNN. He has guest lectured in entrepreneurship at Princeton University since 2003. His popular blog www.fourhourblog.com has 1M+ monthly readers, and his Twitter account @tferriss was selected by Mashable as one of only five “Must-Follow” accounts for entrepreneurs.
Quotes of Tim Ferriss:
- – “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.”
- – “People will choose unhappiness over uncertainty.”
- – “The question you should be asking isn’t, “What do I want?” or “What are my goals?” but “What would excite me?”
Want to read more quotes of the author? Click here.
Did you enjoy reading this book?
Let us know in the comments section below.
Your voice matters!
Latest posts by Jellis Vaes (see all)
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself - August 18, 2018
- How to Win Friends & Influence People - August 15, 2018
- Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel - August 14, 2018