– Dormant Lives and a Broken Marriage: The Story of Multi Award Winning Travel Bloggers Dave & Deb (The Planet D), and How Travel Changed Everything –
Life is an adventure. It’s one of the many perspectives you can choose to see life through. For me, life is exactly that. One crazy adventure, not to be missed. However, that was not always what I would have said.
In fact, not that long ago, I thought this life was the most uninteresting place to be born in. I hated it. It was through travel, however – by venturing out into the world, that I came to see and discover deeper truths than the narrow-minded thoughts I had back then. Deeper truths that Dave and Deb – our guests on this episode, made it their mission to show to others through their website, The Planet D. A multi award winning travel and adventure blog, where they share stories, travel tips, tricks, advice, and inspiration to give you a taste of what this world can feel like.
In this episode of The Inner Picture Stories Podcast, I talk with them about traveling and the impacts it had on their lives. Let me tell you, it changed everything for them. While I think it has become something of a cliché to say that traveling changes people, there is a truth behind every cliché… and there is definitely a truth behind this one. I thank travel for my life. I literally do.
Alongside showing and helping to guide you to a better understanding of yourself, your emotions and your mind, with Inner Picture Stories I also aim to show you truths about this world that we live in. It is just as important to know the broader aspects of possibilities this world has, as it is in understanding yourself. Both sides – ourselves and this world, we get raised with very little knowledge and understanding about and this has the effect of causing unhappiness in many people’s lives.
These are truths that both Dave and Deb have come to acknowledge just as strongly. Travel – this world, came to be their savior when all was falling apart and looking gray. They lived for years dormant lives with no passion. Worked at jobs they didn’t love anymore and had a marriage that was disintegrating around them.
It was through experiencing the thrills of this world – together, that they not only saved their own marriage, but also came to rediscover themselves as individuals and stumbled upon their new lives and jobs as travel bloggers.
Within this fascinating episode, I dig deeply into their story and ask them such questions as: how The Planet D started; what were the best pieces of advice they received about travel blogging; the fundamental ingredients they have as a couple that allows them to spend so much time together; their thoughts on saying goodbye; where they think the cause of unhappiness in most people comes from; how traveling affected them as individuals; how travel saved their marriage; their advice when someone is held back from seeing the world by fear, and many many more.
There is a lot of wisdom to be taken from this fun and inspiring episode, so without any further ado, please enjoy Episode 009 with Dave and Deb of The Planet D and join in the conversation in the comments section below with your thoughts on this interview! I would love to hear them and talk about them with you!
EP 009 – Dormant Lives and a Broken Marriage: The Story of Multi Award Winning Travel Bloggers Dave & Deb (The Planet D), and How Travel Changed Everything
Subscribe and listen to The Inner Picture Stories Podcast on your favorite platform!
Some of the Questions I Ask:
- – How did this crazy adventure of becoming travel bloggers and creating The Planet D start?
- – How did you both individually feel that traveling changed your priorities in life, and you as a person?
- – Why did traveling come to affect and save your marriage?
- – What does saying goodbye mean for you guys?
- – What are some of the fundamental ingredients as a couple, that allows you two to be so close together so much of the time?
What You Will Learn from this Episode:
- – The best pieces of advice Dave & Deb have received over the years on how to build a successful travel blog
- – How adventure is for everyone
- – The power of traveling – what it does, and how it can dramatically change your whole life around
- – A few handy travel tips not many people would have considered
- – Advice from two travel experts on when you feel stuck in life but want to break away and see some of the world.
Question about this episode: How did you like the interview with Dave & Deb of The Planet D? Provoke any thoughts about traveling?
Did you enjoy this episode?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Your Voice Matters!
- Sean Galla, Founder of Men’s Group: Being a Man Is Not Easy/The Hardships Men Face - October 2, 2020
- An Honest Talk about Alcohol and Alcohol Addiction with Scott Pinyard - September 4, 2020
- Learn from Various Experts How to Handle Distressing Times (COVID-19) - May 19, 2020