– Pancreatic Cancer Survivor Martin Inderbitzin – The Lessons, The Hardships and Becoming a Triathlete –
This world is filled with some truly magnificent human beings. Each guest so far that I have had the honor to interview on The Inner Picture Stories Podcast has only made me prouder and prouder of humanity.
While evil is part of this world, and bad people will always exist, there is great courage, strength, love, and kindness being spread in our world every day, more so than evil. I am very grateful each and every time to talk to some of these people working as a force of good in this world. Martin Inderbitzin, neuroscientist, pancreatic cancer survivor, triathlete, and founder of My Survival Story, is another perfect example.
There are certain things in life I would never wish upon anyone. Cancer is one of them. I stumbled upon Martin through his TEDx talk: My Survival story – What I learned from having cancer. It was something that touched me greatly, and one that I would recommend anyone to watch.
This interview with Martin was a very compelling one for me, as the lessons Martin learned from surviving pancreatic cancer and his rollercoaster ride in battling it were ones I felt resonated a lot with me. While without a doubt experiencing death is scary, painful and lonely, there is a beauty and truth about life that can also be found by facing such suffering. In this episode, we touch upon these topics and the rollercoaster of emotions, events and changes Martin went through; why he decided to run a triathlon while still being treated for cancer, and how My Survival Story, a project to help inspire other people who are currently battling cancer, came to exist.
This is an interview to be listened to, talked about, and shared. Please enjoy this episode with pancreatic cancer survivor Martin Inderbitzin.
EP 010 – Martin Inderbitzin: Tasting Death, a Survival Story of Pancreatic Cancer – The Lessons, The Hardships, and Becoming a Triathlete
Subscribe and listen to The Inner Picture Stories Podcast on your favorite platform!
Some of the Questions I Ask:
- – What thoughts where going through your head when the doctor told you, you had cancer?
- – While being treated for cancer, what brought joy into your life? What did you come to appreciate a lot?
- – What words would you like to say to someone who doesn’t have cancer?
- – Could you tell us more about your project My Survival Story? What it is and why you created it?
- – Somewhere along the line, while still being treated with chemotherapy, you decide to run a triathlon, what led you into doing this?
What You Will Learn from this Episode:
- – How giving a purpose to your life changes everything
- – Words of advice and wisdom from a pancreatic cancer survivor to a cancer patient
- – Why statistics are not always the truth
- – The enormous strength and courage we human beings are capable of
- – The blessings traumatic experiences can bring and how they can lead to seeing greater truths and brightness in life
You may also like these episodes:
Question about this episode: What are your thoughts, experiences or lessons about the mysteries of death?