– The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship: A Toltec Wisdom Book –
In The Mastery of Love, don Miguel Ruiz illuminates the fear-based beliefs and assumptions that undermine love and lead to suffering and drama in our relationships.
Using insightful stories to bring his message to life, Ruiz shows us how to heal our emotional wounds, recover the freedom and joy that are our birthright, and restore the spirit of playfulness that is vital to loving relationships.
The Mastery of Love includes: • Why “domestication” and the “image of perfection” lead to self-rejection • The war of control that slowly destroys most relationships • Why we hunt for love in others, and how to capture the love inside us • How to finally accept and forgive ourselves and others “Happiness can only come from inside of you and is the result of your love.
When you are aware that no one else can make you happy, and that happiness is the result of your love, this becomes the greatest mastery of the Toltec: the Mastery of Love.” – don Miguel Ruiz
Who should read this book?
- – Those looking to have more meaningful relationships
- – Anyone who feels unhappy in a relationship
- – Those who want to understand love better
Don Miguel Ruiz was born in rural Mexico, the youngest of 13 children. He attended medical school, and became a surgeon. For several years he practiced medicine with his brothers.
A near-fatal car accident changed the direction of his life. He promptly returned to his mother to acquire greater moral understanding. He then apprenticed himself to a shaman, and eventually moved to the United States.
While the Toltec culture left no written records, Ruiz employs the word Toltec to signify a long tradition of indigenous beliefs in Mexico, such as the idea that a Nagual (shaman) guides an individual to personal freedom. After exploring the human mind from an indigenous as well as scientific perspective, Ruiz combines traditional wisdom with modern insights.
The Four Agreements, published in 1997; was a New York Times bestseller for more than seven years. Other books have followed: The Mastery of Love, The Voice of Knowledge, Prayers, Beyond Fear and The Fifth Agreement, a collaboration with his son Don José. All of his books are international bestsellers. His The Toltec Art of Life and Death was published in late 2015.
Quotes of Don Miguel Ruiz:
- – “You don’t need to justify your love, you don’t need to explain your love, you just need to practice your love. Practice creates the master.”
- – “And what is the right woman, the right man? Someone who wants to go in the same direction as you do, someone who is compatible with your views and your values– emotionally, physically, economically, spiritually.”
- – “Nothing that your partner does is personal. Your partner is dealing with her own garbage. If you don’t take it personally, it will be so easy for you to have a wonderful relationship with your partner.”
Want to read more quotes of the author? Click here.
Did you enjoy reading this book?
Let us know in the comments section below.
Your voice matters!
Latest posts by Jellis Vaes (see all)
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself - August 18, 2018
- How to Win Friends & Influence People - August 15, 2018
- Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel - August 14, 2018