– The IPS Positive News Stories-
6 Heartwarming True Hero Stories –
Welcome, here’s the very first IPS Positive News Stories. We at Inner Picture Stories are delighted to introduce this new type of episode on our podcast, and we are excited to have you here looking for positive news rather than the negative news we so often already see on the mainstream news.
Each episode of The IPS Positive News Stories focuses on a different topic of positive change happening in the world: from the environment, to mental health, animals, and, as you can see here, true hero stories.
This episode shines the light on some of the heroes among us from across the world, with our feature on six inspiring true hero stories.
Scrolling down, you will find videos, images, and additional resources from some of the stories.
The stories themselves can be listened to on The Inner Picture Stories Podcast using your favorite podcast app, iTunes, Stitcher, Soundcloud, Spotify, etc. Or of course, directly here on the website.
We hope you enjoy these new episodes and gain lots of positivity from them.
EP 015 – 6 Heartwarming True Hero Stories –
The IPS Positive News Stories
Subscribe and listen to The Inner Picture Stories Podcast on your favorite platform!
1. Retired Police Detective Prevents Suicides by Patrolling Japanese Cliffs
Japan has one of the highest suicide rates in the world. Luckily, there are people like Yukio Shige, a 70-year-old, retired Fukui Prefectural Police detective, who has dedicated his life to helping people who are in their moments of most profound distress.
2. Paul Crowell Feeds the Dogs of Homeless People in San Francisco, California
Five years ago, Paul Crowell was working at a doggy daycare and boarding facility that would always throw away their extra pet food. Instead of letting these go to waste, Paul started collecting the food and delivering it to the many homeless dogs he saw every day on his way to work.
3. Bodybuilder Opens His Home Gym for Free to Community Youngsters
Calvyn Fortuin is a 78-year old bodybuilder from the city of Bloemfontein, South Africa, who has been lifting weights from the age of 14. Now, 64 years later, he is the oldest bodybuilder in South Africa still competing.
Besides this amazing attribute, Calvyn has opened his home gym—where he still works out for three hours a day, five days a week—for free to the youth in his community.
4. Firefighter Teaches Poor Pakistani Kids in His Spare Time
Every workday for over 30 years now, Mohammed Ayub, a firefighter, has been teaching over 200 of Pakistan’s poorest kids how to read, write, and do math. He holds his classes in one of the city parks in Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan.
5. Surgeon Treats Patients Regardless of Their Ability to Pay
6. Teen Uses Her Babysitting Money to Start an Orphanage and School in Nepal
Before going off to college, Maggie Doyne took a backpacking trip around the world. One of the many countries she visited was Nepal. There, her entire life changed, followed by those of hundreds of others.
Question about this episode: Which was your favorite true hero story? Let us know who and why!
Did you enjoy this episode?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Your Voice Matters!
- Learn from Various Experts How to Handle Distressing Times (COVID-19) - May 19, 2020
- How to Rewire Your Brain to Be Happy | Dr. Rick Hanson, Ph.D. | The Science of Happiness - April 28, 2020
- Creating a Balanced Life Using the Wheel of Life - February 7, 2020