– The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Surivive and Thrive When the World Overwhelms You –
How to cope when the world overwhelms you.
For those people who:
have a keen imagination; are labelled too shy or too sensitive; who perform poorly when being observed even though they are usually competent; have vivid dreams; for whom time alone each day is essential;
and find they are quickly overwhelmed by noise and confusion, crowded parties, hectic office life………….
this is the book to help them understand themselves and how best to cope in various situations.
Highly sensitive people are often very bright and creative but many suffer from low self esteem. They are not ‘neurotics’ as they have been labelled for so long. However, high sensitivity can lead them to cease to engage with the outside world.
The book offers solutions for a happy and fulfilling life. Particularly in the way an HSP perceives his or herself: the book helps to ‘reframe’ past events, such as a difficult childhood, or how they see themselves – ie. shy.
Particularly strong material for those raising a sensitive child.
About the Author: Elaine Aron
Elaine Aron, Ph.D., is recognized internationally as one of the leading scientists studying the psychology of love and close relationships. Dr. Aron’s research on love, conducted with her husband, Dr. Art Aron, has been featured in the New York Times, Time, and National Geographic.
She is the author of The Highly Sensitive Person, The Highly Sensitive Person in Love, and The Highly Sensitive Child. She has lived in many places all over North America, from a geodesic dome on Cortes Island to an aging southern mansion on Peachtree Street in Atlanta, and now divides her time between New York and San Francisco.
Quotes of Elaine Aron:
- – “HSPs make such good targets because we react so strongly.”
- – “Whatever the times, suffering eventually touches every life. How we live with it, and help others to, is one of the great creative and ethical opportunities”
- – “Even a moderate and familiar stimulation, like a day at work, can cause an HSP to need quiet by evening.”
Want to read more quotes of the author? Click here.
Did you enjoy reading this book?
Let us know in the comments section below.
Your voice matters!
- Learn from Various Experts How to Handle Distressing Times (COVID-19) - May 19, 2020
- How to Rewire Your Brain to Be Happy | Dr. Rick Hanson, Ph.D. | The Science of Happiness - April 28, 2020
- Creating a Balanced Life Using the Wheel of Life - February 7, 2020