– The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts –
Falling in love is easy. Staying in love—that’s the challenge. How can you keep your relationship fresh and growing amid the demands, conflicts, and just plain boredom of everyday life?
In the #1 New York Times bestseller The 5 Love Languages, you’ll discover the secret that has transformed millions of relationships worldwide. Whether your relationship is flourishing or failing, Dr. Gary Chapman’s proven approach to showing and receiving love will help you experience deeper and richer levels of intimacy with your partner—starting today.
The 5 Love Languages is as practical as it is insightful. Updated to reflect the complexities of relationships today, this new edition reveals intrinsic truths and applies relevant, actionable wisdom in ways that work.
Includes the Couple’s Personal Profile assessment so you can discover your love language and that of your loved one.
About the Author: Gary Chapman
Chapman was born on January 10, 1938 in China Grove, North Carolina.
He is a graduate of the Moody Bible Institute and holds a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and Master of Arts (M.A.) degree in anthropology from Wheaton College and from Wake Forest University. He also received Master of Religious Education (M.R.E.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
As he was about to leave as a missionary in Nigeria, his wife got sick.
He joined the staff of Calvary Baptist Church in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, in 1971 and shares the responsibilities of teaching and family care.
The first of many books promoting the above concept was The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate, first published in 1992.
The book has sold over 11 million copies in English; having been translated into 49 other languages and the 2015 edition consistently ranks in the top 100 sellers on Amazon.com, ranking in the top 50 as of February, 2007. It also consistently ranks in the top 5 books on the New York Times bestsellers list, claiming the #1 spot at times
Quotes of Gary Chapman
- – “Forgiveness is not a feeling; it is a commitment.”
- – “Real love” – “This kind of love is emotional in nature but not obsessional. It is a love that unites reason and emotion. It involves an act of the will and requires discipline, and it recognizes the need for personal growth.”
- – “People tend to criticize their spouse most loudly in the area where they themselves have the deepest emotional need.”
Want to read more quotes of the author? Click here.
Did you enjoy reading this book?
Let us know in the comments section below.
Your voice matters!
Latest posts by Jellis Vaes (see all)
- How to Stop Self-Harm | Dr. Stephen Lewis, Ph.D. – Identification and Recovery - June 26, 2019
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts - April 30, 2019
- Within the Mind of a Warrior: Rich Hungerford, Former SAS Patrol Commander - April 25, 2019